R.J. Nelson is also your one-stop shop in the Council Bluffs area for maintenance and tune-ups for your furnace, air conditioning, and geothermal system. Our experienced technicians have worked for years on all makes and models, so they know the different requirements of each manufacturer.
With a maintenance agreement from R.J. Nelson, you are considered a Preferred Customer, which entitles you to the following:
- Priority Service
- Preferred Labor Rates
- 15% Off Parts
- Peace of Mind
The purpose of this plan is to provide your family with enhanced equipment safety and
efficiency as well as extend the life of your equipment. Your family will also appreciate
knowing that your equipment has been tested for deadly, odorless, poisonous carbon monoxide gas. Also, by having your furnace and air conditioner tune-up each year, you receive these additional benefits:
- Lower utility bills by reducing energy consumption and waste
- Extend equipment life
- Fewer repairs and improved system reliability
- Increased heating and cooling capacity
Air Conditioner Inspection Checklist
- Chemically clean and thoroughly wash condenser coils.
- Lubricate motor and fan bearings as needed.
- Visually inspect evaporator coil when readily accessible.
- Clean and inspect condensate drain lines and fittings.
- Inspect, tighten and test all electrical connections, including disconnect switch.
- Measure starting and running amperes, line and control voltage.
- Test system starting and run capacitors.
- Monitor fan motor and compressor operating temperatures.
- Monitor refrigerant pressures and temperatures.
- Test and record superheat and sub-cooling. Compare with factory specs.
- Adjust refrigerant metering control device per manufacturer’s recommendations (if applicable).
- Test system for proper airflow and air delivery.
- Visually check all returns for obstructions.
- Measure and record cooling system output.
- Test system safety controls.
- Measure and record electrical voltage, amperage, and motor resistance.
- Inspect and test all system transformers, relays and contactors.
- Replace standard air filter (up to 1″ thickness)
Furnace Inspection Checklist
- Inspect and tighten all electrical connections/terminals.
- Remove, clean and adjust main gas burners.
- Remove, clean and adjust ignition/pilot assembly (if applicable).
- Inspect secondary heat exchanger when applicable.
- Inspect heat exchanger for cracks, rusting, or problem areas.
- Perform a complete carbon monoxide check.
- Vacuum out blower compartment, return air drop, and surrounding area (no duct cleaning).
- Inspect the flue assembly for leaks/proper air flow.
- Test and inspect all furnace safety controls.
- Test, record and adjust gas pressure (if necessary).
- Remove and clean blower motor, drive mechanism, and fan assembly.
- Measure and adjust blower speed for correct airflow.
- Measure and record heating system output.
- Inspect and test thermocouple output as well as pilot safety switch where required.
- Measure and record electrical voltage, amperage and motor resistance.
- Inspect and test all system transformers, relays, contactors, and controls.
- Repair minor air leaks in plenum and return drop.
- Replace standard air filter (up to 1″ thickness).
Call R.J. Nelson today and ask about our Annual Maintenance Agreement. Your satisfaction is our top priority, as well as your comfort and safety!